Statkraft Ireland joins in supporting the IWEA 2019 spring conference
11.03.2019 | news
(Cork, 11 March 2019) Statkraft Ireland has been confirmed as a supporting sponsor for the annual Irish Wind Energy Association’s (IWEA) spring conference which will take place on 12th and 13th March 2019 in the Clayton Burlington Hotel, Dublin 4. This is a two day conference with gala dinner on the evening of Tuesday 12th March.
With over 450 delegates attending this annual conference, the IWEA Spring Conference is Irelands largest renewable conference.
Topics covered at the conference will include:
- The top three challenges to 2030
- Markets for our energy future
- Overcoming challenges in developing new projects
- Unlocking offshore wind in Ireland
- Climate action and renewable energy
Peter Harte, Director at Statkraft Ireland and Chair of IWEA said:
“We are delighted that Statkraft Ireland is supporting this event. The importance of taking meaningful climate action without further delay has become abundantly clear. We are at a critical point in history that will be looked back upon for generations to come and it is incumbent upon us all to make sure that we do not fail.
The main aim of this conference is to deal with the challenges that we face as an industry and how we might overcome them. As Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy, Statkraft is delighted to be associated with this event. The development of renewable energy and the displacement of fossil fuels from our electricity generation system is critical to our success as a society in preventing the worst effects of climate change. At Statkraft we are already playing a significant role in tackling climate change and we are looking forward to working with all other groups in Ireland with whom we share these common goals. Working together and sharing our knowledge and resources we can help Ireland to move to the top of the climate action tables.
The importance of the annual IWEA spring conference cannot be overstated. It provides an excellent opportunity for decision makers from all interested parties in the wind energy sector to gain an in-depth view of current situations across the industry and to share their knowledge. It is this kind of collaboration that will be required if we are going to succeed in developing renewable energy projects that can deliver effective climate action.”
- Speakers at the event will include:
- Timmy Dooley, TD, Spokesperson on Communications, The Environment and Natural Resources
- Eamon Ryan, TD
- Mark Foley, CEO EirGrid
- Marcas Breatnach, Senvion
- Paddy Hayes, Managing Director ESB Networks
- Stephen Wheeler, Managing Director SSE Ireland
- Peter Lynch, Director of Asset Development Coillte
- Paul O'Donnell, Partner Greencoat Renewables
- Peter Ballie, Managing Director Energia Renewables
- David O'Sullivan, Regulatory Manager, Ireland Brookfield
- Marie Donnelly
- Robbie Aherne, EirGrid
- Philip Nugent, Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
- Peter Harte, Director Statkraft Ireland
If you are interested in attending this event please visit www.iwea.com/events/1418-iwea-annual-spring-conference-2019 for more details.